What's in a Daisy Drop Box?
- A welcome postcard tells you the theme of the box, what your Daisies earn and what activity supplies are provided.
- Step-by-step scripted instructions for each part of the troop meeting.
- Activity supplies for each registered Daisy, these differ by month based on the activities.
What Are The Promise Center and Daisy Petals?
- Girl Scouts of all ages recite the ideals and values in our Girl Scout Promise and Girl Scout Law, which serve as the foundation of Girl Scouting.
- The Promise Center and Daisy petals are special badges just for Daisies they wear on their uniform.
- They represent the Girl Scout Promise and each petal represents a part of the Girl Scout Law.
- As Daisies earn the Promise Center and petals, they learn about each of the Girl Scout values they stand for and how to apply them in their daily lives.
Are the petals and badges provided in the Daisy Drop Boxes?
- The Daisy petals and badges earned are available for purchase in our council’s Girl Scout Shop. They are not included in the boxes.
Is it possible to change the order of boxes?
- Daisy Drop Box is designed as a progressive program that follows the published schedule, it is not possible to change the order of the monthly boxes.
How will my box include supplies for all my registered Daisies if more Daisies join my troop later in the year?
- We check troop rosters monthly before packing Daisy Drop Boxes. The number of registered Daisies on the rosters determines the amount of supplies packed for each troop.
Can multi-level troops participate in Daisy Drop Box?
- Multi-level troops with girls of varying ages who are in different Girl Scout levels can participate in Daisy Drop Box when they have 5+ registered Daisies and extra adult volunteers to assist them. We only provide the Daisy portion of the troop with instructions and activity supplies through Daisy Drop Box.
Do troops forming later in the year receive the entire schedule of Daisy Drop Boxes?
- Troops that form and start meeting by the end of December will receive the entire schedule of boxes. They are mailed the welcome box for their first two meetings, then are mailed the October, November and December boxes to catch up with the boxes they missed.
- Troops starting January 1-31 will receive a condensed schedule of boxes, including the welcome box, the December cookie meeting box, then the other petal earning boxes will be mailed two at a time (7 boxes total).
- Troops starting February 1-29 will receive a condensed schedule of boxes focused on earning all the Daisy petals. They are mailed the welcome box, then are mailed the other petal earning boxes two at a time (6 boxes total).
Do leaders need to complete the Daisy Drop Box survey about each box they use?
- We rely on our leaders to make it a priority to complete the short online Daisy Drop Box survey about each box their troop uses. The specific box feedback is used to make changes, providing the best experience for our leaders and Daisies. Completion of the survey also lets us know the troop is actively using the boxes provided in our complimentary program.
How is information communicated?
- We use a private online platform, Rallyhood, to communicate important information with our Daisy Drop Box leaders. An email invitation to join our Daisy Drop Box rally is sent to leaders after they receive the welcome box.
- The rally includes a calendar showing the mailing schedule each month for the Daisy Drop Boxes.