Girl Scouts Beyond Bars
Since 1996, Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri has been working with girls of incarcerated mothers through the specialized Girl Scouts Beyond Bars (GSBB) multi-level troop program. We partner with the Women's Eastern Reception and Diagnostic Correctional Center in Vandalia, MO to offer this program to girls whose mothers are incarcerated at that facility. We accept referrals for the program through the correctional facility, schools, DFS, and family members.
For more information about Girl Scouts Beyond Bars, please email Maya Pierce or call 314.400.4648.
- Preserve the mother/daughter relationship
- Reduce the trauma of separation
- Minimize the girls' at-risk behaviors by introducing them to positive values through Girl Scouting
- Provide opportunities for the girls to have positive experiences with their mothers in a safe, supportive environment of a troop meeting
Funding for the GSBB program is generously provided by:
- Graybar Foundation
- Lutheran Foundation of St. Louis
- Trio Foundation