April Showers, Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri’s largest annual personal care donation service program, begins Friday, April 16th when Girl Scouts, their troop leaders, families, and friends help people in need by collecting personal care items.
For the last 23 years, in partnership with Operations Food Search, Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri has collected more than 24 million personal care items supporting this widespread community effort. With more than 900,000 people a year in Missouri living below the federal poverty line and unable to purchase personal care items with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri and the April Showers program help hundreds of agencies throughout eastern Missouri to support those in need in our communities.
This year’s program will look a little different due to COVID restrictions, but rest assured, Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri will not let our community down! There are three ways the community can participate:
Door-to-Door Neighborhood Collection/Donation:
- April 16-18: Girl Scouts will be out in full force, going door-to-door, distributing sticky notes throughout the community with the request for personal care item donations.
- April 24: Girl Scouts will return to community neighborhoods to collect donations. Donations should be placed in a bag or box outside on front doors before 9 am on April 24th, with the originally distributed sticky note attached and clearly marked for Girl Scouts.
groups of Girl Scouts will be practicing safe, social distanced
protocols, while counting and distributing donations to local
pantries and shelters.
Online Registry Donation: Amazon & Wal-Mart
- April 16 – 25: Community members will have the opportunity to donate directly through the Amazon Charity List or Walmart Registry for Goods, which have been filled with items that will support the April Showers program. Links to these registries can be found at : www.girlscoutsem.org/aprilshowers.
- May 1-2: All donations will be shipped to the Girl Scouts
of Eastern Missouri. Small groups of Girl Scouts practicing safe
and socially distanced protocols will work to sort and
distribute the donations to hundreds of agencies throughout St.
Louis City and Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri 28 surrounding
Donation Drop Off Stations:
- April 17 – May 2:
- Schnucks & Dierbergs Markets (all St. Louis County and Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri surrounding counties) will have collection containers/carts marked for April Showers donation collection. Special Note: On April 24th only, April Shower’s shopping lists will be distributed to shoppers at Schnucks locations.
- April 19 – April 26:
- Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri Office – 2300 Ball Drive, St. Louis, MO 63146
- Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri will have blue barrels located in the back of the building, Monday through Friday 9 am – 5pm for April Showers donation collection.
- April 17 – May 2:
Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri is proud to partner with Operation Food Search, Schnucks and Dierbergs Markets on this exciting community program.
April Showers Donation Items Include:
Diapers / Baby Care
Feminine Hygiene Products
First Aid Supplies