FIRST® (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) aims to inspire girls to become science and technology leaders. This mentor-based program is designed to inspire innovation, cultivate interest in STEM fields, and foster life skills (such as self-confidence, verbal communication and team-building).
Teams, led by adult volunteer coaches and mentors, work together to design and build a robot and program it to do various tasks. At the FLL and Jr. FLL levels, they also research a topic based on the challenge and do a presentation about their research and innovative solutions. Teams then compete at regional tournaments.
Through robotics, girls will learn valuable life and employment skills by creating ideas, solving problems and overcoming obstacles. They will also gain confidence in their abilities to positively use technology.
The four levels of robotics in which we are involving all-girl teams are:
- Junior FIRST® LEGO® League (JrFLL)
- FIRST® LEGO® League (FLL)
- FIRST® Tech Challenge (FTC)
- FIRST® Robotics Competition (FRC)
Applications and Agreements
- FLL Jr. Team Application (New Team)
- FLL Jr. Team Application (Returning Team)
- FLL Team Application (New Team)
- FLL Team Application (Returning Team)
- FTC Team Application (New Team)
- FTC Team Application (Returning Team)
If you have any questions, please email Lauren Kornegay Dollar or call 314.592.2376.