The Girl Scout Bronze Award is the highest national award a Girl Scout Junior, grades 4-5, may earn.
The Girl Scout Bronze Award is a group earned award and requires each girl to complete a minimum of 20 hours on a Bronze Award Take Action Project.
Girls focus on something they care about that they would like to improve within their Girl Scout or local community.
The Girl Scout Bronze Award is approved by the Troop/Group Leader.
- Complete a Girl Scout Junior Leadership Journey
There are three Junior Journeys to choose from:
- It’s Your World – Change It! (Agent of Change)
- It’s Your Planet – Love it! (Get Moving!)
- It’s Your Story – Tell It! ( aMUSE)
A Leadership Journey may take 6-8 months to complete and includes a Community Take Action Project that relates to the theme of the Journey.
Steps to earning the Girl Scout Bronze Award:
- Complete a Girl Scout Junior journey
- Build your Girl Scout Junior team
- Explore your community
- Choose your Girl Scout Bronze Award project
- Make a plan
- Put your plan in motion
- Spread the word
Upon completion of your Girl Scout Bronze Award project:
Troops purchase the Girl Scout Bronze Award pin and present in a special ceremony.
Upon receipt of the Girl Scout Bronze Award Survey from the Troop/Group Leader, the Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri recognize girls with a congratulations card.