|Thursday, February 25, 2016
||Chase Park Plaza
St. Louis, Missouri
On Thursday, February 25, 2016 Girl Scouts will celebrate five years of Dessert First. Since 2012 we have come together to honor the extraordinary achievements of Girl Scout Gold Awardees, the dedicated service of Individual Legacy Builders, the transformational support of Corporate Legacy Builders, and the culinary creativity of St. Louis’ top chefs. This year, as we honor two new Legacy Builders and present two additional scholarships, we will also celebrate all past award recipients and their collective impact on Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri.
Each year, local chefs take our famous Girl Scout Cookies and transform them into mouth-watering desserts. During cocktail hour, with the help of special guest judges, all attendees vote for their favorite dessert.
This year’s participants include:
- 23 City Blocks Catering, Chef Nick Miller
- Bailey’s Chocolate Bar, Chef David Bailey
- The Chase Park Plaza, Chef David Laufer
- Clementine’s Creamery, Chef Tamara Keefe
- The Cup, Chef Ericka Frank
- EdgeWild Restaurant & Winery, Chef Aaron Baggett
- Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch, Chef Julie Weldele
- Kakao Chocolate, Chef Brian Pelletier
- L’École Culinaire, Chef Nicole Shuman
- Onesto Pizza & Trattoria, Chef Sally Sciaroni
- Piccione Pastry, Chef Sandia Hoormann
The event also honors one Individual Legacy Builder and one Corporate Legacy Builder. Both honorees are chosen because of the enormous support and service they have provided to Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri.
Corporate Legacy Builders include:
2016: Commerce Bank
2015: Crawford Taylor Foundation
2014: Ameren Missouri
Individual Legacy Builders include:
2016: Maurita Stueck
2015: Laurna C. Godwin
2014: Elsie St. Cyr
2013: Marilyn Fox
2012: Carolyn Losos
Education Scholarship Awards
Finally, at this special event Girl Scouts celebrates the leadership and service of two outstanding Girl Scouts and awards two scholarships of $5,000 to be used for higher education. Scholarship recipients must be working on, or have completed, their Gold Award, the highest recognition available to Girl Scouts.
This year we are thrilled to award Myra Dotzel, a junior at Parkway Central High School and Jessica Thoelke, a senior at Ladue Horton Watkins High School the Dessert First Education Scholarship.
Past scholarship recipients include:
- Carolyn “Carly” Beard, Clayton High School; 2012 Recipient
- Amanda Blythe, Ft. Zumwalt West High School; 2015 Recipient
- Julia Brose, Eureka High School; 2013 Recipient
- Jamielee Buenemann, Washington High School; 2015 Recipient
- Jazmyn Ferguson, Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School; 2012 Recipient
- Lauren Gieseking, Parkway West High School; 2014 Recipient
- Melissa LaChance, Central R-3 High School; 2013 Recipient
- Natalie Ried, Lindbergh High School; 2014 Recipient
A Dessert First sponsorship is a great way to expose your company to a large audience and support each and every Girl Scout in eastern Missouri to make a difference in this world.
Or, for more information, contact Grants & Sponsorships Manager Ashlie Zimmerman at 314.592.2367 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more event information, please contact Events & Stewardship Manager Emily Carroll at 314.592.2373 or email@example.com.