Thursday, February 25, 2016
Chase Park Plaza
St. Louis, Missouri
On Thursday, February 25, 2016 Girl Scouts will celebrate five years of Dessert First. Since 2012 we have come together to honor the extraordinary achievements of Girl Scout Gold Awardees, the dedicated service of Individual Legacy Builders, the transformational support of Corporate Legacy Builders, and the culinary creativity of St. Louis’ top chefs. This year, as we honor two new Legacy Builders and present two additional scholarships, we will also celebrate all past award recipients and their collective impact on Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri.
Each year, local chefs take our famous Girl Scout Cookies and transform them into mouth-watering desserts. During cocktail hour, with the help of special guest judges, all attendees vote for their favorite dessert.
Past participants include:
- Amy's Corner Bakeshop, Chefs Amy Verkamp-McArthy & Culley Freese
- Bailey’s Chocolate Bar, Chef David Bailey
- The Chase Park Plaza, Chef David Laufer
- Clementine’s Creamery, Chef Tamara Keefe
- Companion Bakehouse, Chef George “Skip” Guthier, Jr.
- EdgeWild Restaurant & Winery, Chef Aaron Baggett
- Kakao Chocolate, Chef Brian Pelletier
- L’École Culinaire, Chef Nicole Shuman
- La Patisserie Chouquette, Chef Simone Faure
- Onesto Pizza & Trattoria, Chef Sally Sciaroni
- The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis, Chefs Nathaniel Reid & Jeanine Edmonds
- Saint Louis Community College, Chef Casey Shiller
- Sarah’s Cake Shop, Chef Michelle Hedman
- Scape American Bistro, Chef Julie Weldele
- Strange Donuts, Chef Mary Boehne
The event also honors one Individual Legacy Builder and one Corporate Legacy Builder. Both honorees are chosen because of the enormous support and service they have provided to Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri.
Corporate Legacy Builders include:
2016: Commerce Bank
2015: Crawford Taylor Foundation
2014: Ameren Missouri
Individual Legacy Builders include:
2016: Maurita Stueck
2015: Laurna C. Godwin
2014: Elsie St. Cyr
2013: Marilyn Fox
2012: Carolyn Losos
Education Scholarship Awards
Finally, at this special event Girl Scouts celebrates the leadership and service of two outstanding Girl Scouts and awards two scholarships of $5,000 to be used for higher education. Scholarship recipients must be working on, or have completed, their Gold Award, the highest recognition available to Girl Scouts.
Past scholarship recipients include:
- Carolyn “Carly” Beard, Clayton High School; 2012 Recipient
- Amanda Blythe, Ft. Zumwalt West High School; 2015 Recipient
- Julia Brose, Eureka High School; 2013 Recipient
- Jamielee Buenemann, Washington High School; 2015 Recipient
- Jazmyn Ferguson, Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School; 2012 Recipient
- Lauren Gieseking, Parkway West High School; 2014 Recipient
- Melissa LaChance, Central R-3 High School; 2013 Recipient
- Natalie Ried, Lindbergh High School; 2014 Recipient
Awardees are selected through an application and essay process. All girls working towards earning their Gold Award are encouraged to apply for the 2016 Scholarship. Applications are due Monday, November 2, 2015. Download the application
For more event information, please contact Events & Stewardship Manager Emily Carroll at 314.592.2373 or firstname.lastname@example.org.