Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri is committed to developing today’s girls into tomorrow’s leaders. We appreciate the rich diversity of values, opinions and beliefs of our membership. Membership is open to all girls and adults who accept the Girl Scout Promise and Law and who meet membership requirements. We do not discriminate or recruit on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, socioeconomic status or national origin, and we welcome members of all abilities.
- Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri uses a leadership development filter for all programs and partnerships. We remain steadfast in our commitment to our mission of developing girls of courage, confidence and character who make our world a better place.
- Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri has no relationship with Planned Parenthood and does not plan to create one. We do not develop materials on issues involving Planned Parenthood or reproductive health. We believe these are matters best discussed within the family.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) is not the parent organization for Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA). WAGGGS is an association comprised of 146 member organizations of which GSUSA is just one. Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri members, girls and adults, are not members of WAGGGS (World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts) as individuals are not allowed to be members.
- Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri is an inclusive organization.
- Girl Scouts in eastern Missouri participate in the Cookie Program each year. Through participation, girls learn five life-long skills: decision making, goal setting, money management, people skills and business ethics. All proceeds (100-percent) from the Cookie Program stay within our local Council and support leadership development for girls.
- We are a secular organization and we greatly value our long-standing partnerships with religious organizations across many faiths.
For more information about any of these topics please click the links below. The information included is reflective of our position, which has not changed over the years:
If you’re interested in voicing your concerns about the Archdiocese’s decision, we encourage you to send a letter asking them to reconsider. Below are form letters you can download and edit.
Please join us as together we build girls of courage, confidence and character who make the world a better place.